Make An Appointment
Dr. S.K Rajan Head of Spine Surgery & Associate Director, Neurosurgery
Dr. SK Rajan is an ‘AO International’ Certified Spine Surgeon who brings with him over 15 years of experience in the surgical arena accumulated from a wide variety of Institutions from around the Globe.
He has accomplished his surgical training from premier institutions of the country like PGI Chandigarh and GB Pant Hospital, New Delhi; Dr. Rajan then moved to the UK and then to the US to work with some of the most prominent International leaders in the field of Spine Surgery) so as to ‘crack the code’ and enable delivery of outstanding results.
He has also served as Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery, Chief Spine Surgeon & Head of Neurosurgery at a variety of busy Central Government and large Private Hospitals of Delhi before joining Artemis as the Head of Spine Surgery and Associate Director of Neurosurgery.
He has been recognized for utilising Minimally Invasive Key Hole Spine Surgery Techniques for a variety of spine cases like slipped disc, Lumbar Canal Stenosis, Spinal Tumors, etc He has, to his credit, an accomplishment of more than 3000 surgeries including some of the most complex spine cases and cases complicated by other surgeons. His repertoire includes both open and minimally invasive spine surgeries on a variety of problems of the whole spine.
Dr Rajan is regularly invited to give talks at Regional & International level scientific meetings and also invited at Live Operative teaching Courses as National Guest Faculty. He has also authored and co-authored a number of publications – both articles in national-international journals as well as book chapters.
Area of Interest
- Minimally Invasive (Keyhole) Spine Surgery (for slipped discs, canal stenosis)
- Craniovertebral Junction (CVJ) Anomalies like Atlantoaxial Dislocations/fractures
- Spinal Fractures – including cementing (Kyphoplasty and Vertebroplasty)
- Endoscopic Spine Surgery (for slipped discs and tumors)
- Spinal Deformity correction (Kyphosis and Scoliosis)
- Spinal Tumors – including keyhole tumor removal
- Disc replacement (Artifical Disc Placements)
- Spinal Tuberculosis & Discitis
Awards & Honours
- 2010 - Recipient of coveted World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies Travelling Fellowship to the USA
- 2014 - Recipient of Global Healthcare Excellence Award for Excellence in Spine Surgery
- 2015 - Recipient of 2015 Leaders Award for Leader in Treatment of Spinal Disorders
- 2016 - Recipient of National Healthcare Excellence Award for Best Neurosciences team of the year
- North American Spine Society, USA
- Neurological Society of India
- Association of Spine Surgeons of India
- Neurological Surgeons Society of India
- Neuro Spinal Surgeons Association, India
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgeons of India
- World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies, USA
- MBBS (GMCH, Patiala)
- MS (Surgery) (PGI, Chd)
- MCh (Neurosurgery) (GB Pant, New Delhi)
- Fellow Spine Surgeon (Cleveland Clinic Spine Institute, USA)
- Spine Surgery Fellowship (Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, UK)
- Spine Surgery Fellowship (Nat. Hosp. for Neurology & Neurosurgery, UK)
- Fellowship in Spine Surgery (KEM Hospital & Lilavati Hospital, Mumbai, India)