Make An Appointment
Dr. Aditya Gupta Chief-Neurosurgery & CNS Radiosurgery Co Chief- Cyberknife centre
Aditya Gupta is an accomplished neurosurgeon , educated from AIIMS,top institute of India,with great academic record and lot of experience in field of neurosurgery.He has developed great skills for all kind of brain tumors,peripheral nerve injuries,aneurysms and AVMsHe has special interest and expertise in the field of radiosurgery and functional neurosurgery (epilepsy and movement disorders).
Area of Interest
- Brain tumor surgery and radiosurgery
- Spine surgery
- Epilepsy surgery
- Functional neurosurgery
- 2009-2016: Additional Director, Neurosurgery, Medanta – The Medicity Hospital, Gurgaon, Delhi NCR, India
- 2005- 2009: Associate Professor, Division of Neurosurgery, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
- 2001- 2005: Assistant Professor, Division of Neurosurgery, All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi, India
Awards & Honours
- 1989: Selected to the most prestigious medical school in India: AIIMS.
- 1991: Awarded prize for theBest Undergraduate student in the subject of Anatomy.
- 1991: received Sir Dorabji Tata Award for theBest Undergraduate student in the subject of Biochemistry.
- 1995: Selected to the Neurosurgery integrated 5 years Post-graduate training program (only 1 position annually) at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, N Delhi.
- December, 1999: Best Research Paper award, Indian Epilepsy Association Annual Conference, December 1999, Hyderabad, India for paper titled: “Dysembryoplastic neuroepithelial tumor as a cause of intractable epilepsy in young patients”.
- December, 1999: MCQ Prize, Annual Conference of Neurological Society of India, December 1999, Hyderabad, India.
- Admitted to the AsianCongress of Neurological Surgeons, as a Life Member in December 2002, Hong Kong meeting.
- Sep 2003: Invited to Pavlov Institute of Physiology, St. Petersburg, Russia as Visiting Professor to initiate Research Project.
- Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India travelling Fellowship Award, 2002 and 2005.
- Oct 2005: Invited to Pavlov Institute of Physiology, St. Petersburg, Russia as Visiting Professor to start work on the bilateral Indo-Russian Research Project.
- August 2006: Invited to National Television for a live talk-in show on the topic of “Neurosurgery”
- September 2006: Invited for advanced Gamma Knife Training Programme funded by Hopital La Timone, Universitaire de Marseille, France.
- December 2006: Awardeddistinguished BOYSCAST Fellowship Award, President of India in the field of Gamma Knife Radiosurgeryby Department of Science and Technology, Government of India.Selected from more than 1000 applications received from eminent scientists.
- April 2009: Invited to National Television for a live talk show on “Parkinson’s Disease”.
- October 2009: invited by Congress of neurological Surgeons in the Annual Meeting as Guest faculty
- First Neurosurgeon from India to be trained on “Fluorescence guided surgery for Gliomas”
- 2011: Chief of Army Staff Award for work on Epilepsy Surgery
- 1998: Associate member of the Neurological Society of India
- 2001: Life member of Neurological Society of India
- 2001: Member, International Leksell Gamma Knife Society.
- 2002: Full Member, Asian Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- 2005: FullMember, Indian Society of Skull Base Neurosurgery
- 2006: Full Member, Indian Society of Stereotactic & Functional Neurosurgery
- 2009: Member, Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- 2011: Executive Committee, ISSFN
- 2015: Treasurer, ISSFN
June 2007-July 2008: Neurosurgeon-Research Associate, Neurosciences and Gamma Knife Center, CJW Medical Center, Richmond, VA, USA. Working as a Neurosurgeon and on Research Projects, includingSterotaxy and Radiosurgery. Treated numerous cases of Trigeminal Neuralgia with Radiosurgery