Pain is a subjective experience. Every person experiences chronic (long-standing) pain in a different way and with a different intensity. Before you know it, chronic pain can start ruling your life and interfere with your ability to work, sleep and enjoy with your family and friends. When chronic pain disrupts your quality of life and does not improve with standard treatments Agrim's Department of Pain Medicine is here to help. There are many safe, proven effective treatments available that can help you manage your chronic pain. The sooner you seek treatment the sooner you can start enjoying life again.
Agrim’s Department of Pain Medicine strongly follows two fundamental principles. Our primary goal here is to understand the individual differences in each person’s pain so that we can ultimately tailor therapies to that person. We also believe that when you understand the nature of your pain, you are better prepared to manage it. That is why we have evolved our program to:
- Determine the cause of your pain through simple, and if required, advanced diagnostic tests
- Eliminate or ease pain using conservative and interventional treatments, and
- Facilitate your understanding about the nature of your disease through lucid, yet effective means of communication, slides and anatomical models.
Most of the fundamentals of pain, the involved diagnostic modalities and treatments that are available at Agrim’s Department of Pain Medicine are not widely available through community-based, general practice physicians.
We recommend that people experiencing chronic pain start with their primary care physician. When pain is not relieved with standard treatment, the Agrim’s Department of Pain Medicine should be the next destination.
Agrim’s Department of Pain Medicine has (out-patient department) OPD as well as (in-patient department) IPD facility. As the primary aim is to arrive at the cause of pain and find the simplest of the treatment, most patients are treated conservatively on OPD basis. Where required, interventional procedures undertaken. Most of the patients can walk off home right after these procedures. Only a few may require half-day admission to enable sufficient observation post-procedure prior to discharge. Agrim boasts of a dedicated Bi-plane Neurointerventional Radiology Suite where most of these procedures are carried out. Being latest in technology, crisp and clear images are obtained thereby improving accuracy and safety. The department also has a dedicated ultrasound machine in order to perform USG guided pain interventions.
- Daignostic and Therapeutic Nerve Blocks
- Epidural injections (Cervical, Thoracic & Lumbar)
- Discography & other disc procedures
- Radiofrequency ablations (Conventional & Pulsed)
- Intrathecal pumps
- Spinal Cord Stimulator implantation
- Vertebroplasty, Kyphoplasty for Spinal Fracture